John Chow, a very likely Internet mogul, wrote an inspirational post called Requirements to be a dot com mogul. If you know me from around the blogosphere, you know that I’m headed that way, but not quite there yet.
John listed 7 requirements, and here’s how I match up, in the same order:
- All of my income is currently made from the Internet.
- I don’t yet make $10,000/mth but I might be there at the end of 2007, I might not. (Hence my blog subtitle: Chasing Internet Success.)
- I’ve been working online full-time for nearly a year with no other supplemental job, and an additional year before that with a part-time job.
- As of this first post, I now have a personal blog with my name as the domain.
- My blog will be updated at least once per week. I’ll try my hardest to do that.
- A Google search of my name puts blogs I’ve written on in 8 of the first 10 search results including second place. But this blog is brand new, so I have some work to do getting this site into #1 position.
- I’m more than willing to help dot com mogul wannabes. In fact, I’ve already started mentoring a few people, and many of my websites (blogs) already have the purpose of disseminating everything I know about Internet success, especially for the blogosphere.
Hence, I’m “chasing Internet success.” I’m not a dot com mogul yet, but I hope to be. If you do too, keep checking back, as I’ll be revealing pretty much everything here that I learn. You can also read my entries about professional blogging at Performancing.